Saturday, March 16, 2013

NUS Open House

Met up with Mazi at Buona Vista and took 95 to NUS U-Town! Just alighting at Buona Vista made me all nostalgic about the Adam Lambert concert :( Anyways, U-Town looked nice, hip and happening! Saw a few performances put up by the NUS students. Was particularly impressed by a guy who sang and the NUS cheerleaders! Their jumps, flips, etc were awesome! And they kept smiling throughout so it seemed effortless when I doubt it actually was!

Saw a lot of familiar people yesterday: Rebecca, Nasuha, Jiaxin, Charmaine, Gideon, Afifah, Priyanga, Yu Feng and on the way home we ran into Mr Wangyal and his family. Apparently they were going to go watch The Croods! LOL.

I accompanied Mazi and went for the Design and Environment talk at the Ngee Ann Kongsi Auditorium. Similar to the SMU Business talk, this talk also had a lecturer and some students giving us more personalised details about their courses and their experiences. The talk about going overseas never fails to excite me! =X

After that Mazi and I hung around and waited for the FASS talk to start. But when we got to the queue, we realised the queue had already been formed long ago and it was a very long one! :( So although we still queued up, there were no more seats for the talk :( I was very disappointed. Lesson learned: when I go for the NUS open day next year, I will have to queue up AT LEAST half an hour beforehand for the FASS talk.

After that I went for the campus tour with Mazi and we got to see the School of D&E. We also went for the talk on architecture and got to see the studios that the students worked in. Since archi is not my cup of tea, more than anything else, I was really overwhelmed by the stuff they do. Hope Mazi was inspired though :)

NUS is so huge that we had to take a bus from U-TOWN to the school of D &E and also the Cultural Centre. We were really tired after the studio tour so we just went home. After I came home I was so exhausted that I just slacked and then went to sleep early. I feel so bad for slacking though, since the common tests are coming up :( I'll try my best to make today productive! :)

All the best to everyone for their common tests! :) Don't slack like me! 

No comments: