Friday, March 8, 2013

Preparation for Annual Road Race, meeting a DJ, and attending Adam Lambert's concert

If anyone wants to just read about the concert, scroll down! 

On Wednesday, I found out that I was selected to be one of the road marshals for JJC's annual road race, which would be held at Chinese and Japanese Garden this year! On the bright side, I wouldn't have to run the 4km race, on the negative side, being a road marshal isn't that fun either. But I guess it's easier than running such a long distance. So after school on Wednesday, the road marshals were taken to the location so that we can check out our stations. There will be two people at each station but I don't know who my buddy is yet. I hope it's Sapphy! :) I like my location, it's near the lake ^^ But I will be directly facing the sun  as it rises too -.- Made some new friends while I was there. Ingzhe(sp?), Neha and Jun Jie. :) Nice people!
But my legs were hurting afterwards and I got this HUGE blister which hurt like crap.
_________________________________________________________________________________

On Thursday, the day started off badly as we got back our math test results, and although I passed it, it wasn't well done. Made several stupid careless mistakes. Will try and do better for the next math test...which is actually the common test. *gulp*
Next we had our PE lesson, during which we were supposed to run 10 laps around the school track (4km). Unfortunately the PE lesson started a bit late and I only managed to run 9 laps before the bell rang and we were released. But 9 laps is already a major accomplishment for me. :) Mazi is my motivation!
The only problem is that for every step I took, I was stepping on my blister so it just got worse. 

After school, Saph and I went downtown, Scape to be exact, to pick up the stuff I won from 987FM. I won the AOS Anthem package and the Grammy Nominees 2013 Album, which consisted of a total of 6 CDS altogether. I feel blessed :D 
I didn't get seats on the MRT on the way there though, so my leg cramps and blister just kept getting worse! 
NVM, onto happier things. When Saph and I were within walking distance of Scape, guess who we saw walking around outside Scape? DIVIAN and DEE KOSH, 987FM DJs!


But Saph and I didn't feel that it was right to disturb them so we just acted cool and walked past them. -.- We went up to the 987FM office on the 5th floor and while waiting there, guess who walked in behind us? DIVIAN :D Guess our meeting was fated. Hehehe! After I collected my prizes, Saph and I got to take a photo with Div! Here it is: 


I know I look unglam. But I don't care :D
He's such a sweetheart :)
After Saph and I stopped being starstruck, we went out of scape, got some Gong Cha and sat down to chat. Then suddenly this girl came to us and said it's her birthday and asked us to say happy birthday to her while she takes a photo/video of us. Although I was quite shocked, we did it quite willingly. Why not right? :D 

And then a student from SIM approached us for help with a project. He used two different cameras to take photos of us and asked us which photo do we prefer. Here are the photos, he sent them to our emails! :) 

                                                      Saph and I both prefer the 2nd picture! :) 

After that we met up with Saph's boyfriend Kenneth and went for dinner at Botak Jones. I found him really friendly and gentlemanly. They make a cute couple! After dinner we went to Cathay Cineleisure so that I could help Keith to buy his Aztec phone case. 

Ps. I discovered the next day that I accidentally bought an iphone 5 case instead of iphone 4s case. dumb me 
_________________________________________________________________________________
Friday: Adam Lambert's concert

Didn't go to school as I wasn't feeling well. Judy came over after school to catch up with me and Alex came over soon after! We chatted and listened to music until 5 plus. I changed into my concert clothes and we went for dinner at Hong Kah market! 
After dinner we went to Jurong Point and parted with Judy there! On the MRT ride to The Star Theatre at Buona Vista, Alex and I were already getting excited! While walking there I ran into my ex-colleague from ION, Eric! :D Said hi to him! I really never thought I'd have the privilege to meet him again! 

From the outside




From the inside: it can house 5000 people :)
The stage decorated in black and yellow
I really pity the people on the third storey at the back. I think they can only see a tiny Adam dancing around. xD But never mind, they can hear his awesome voice anyway. When he came out the crowd went wild. By the way, MDA rated the show NC16 so his younger fans couldn't come. For once I am glad I am old. I almost cried when he came out. You know how fans are. It was emotionally overwhelming. And everytime he came near to my side of the audience I screamed my lungs out hoping he would notice me, which I doubt he did, but it was still worth it. If I remember correctly, he started the concert with If I had You. I didn't video anything down as I wanted to focus on him 100% So here's a live from Youtube. It was BETTER than this! Much hotter, I almost died. 



His stripped down version of "Whataya want from Me" almost made me break down into tears. AND OUTLAWS OF LOVE WAS SO GOOD I CAN'T USE WORDS TO DESCRIBE IT. Check out the song:
"Everywhere we go, we're looking for the sun. Nowhere to grow old, we're always on the run. They say we're riding hell...well I don't think we will. They've branded us enough, outlaws of love." 

Adele may set fire to the rain, but Adam sets fire to the stage. IT WAS HOT LAST NIGHT. From his outfit changes, to his stroking of the mike stand, dancing provocatively with his dancers, the backup singers (he calls them the Bajayjays), the MALE AND FEMALE GUITARISTS WERE HOT. THE DRUMMER WAS AMAZING. It was all just mindblowing. I wanted to be his mike stand. If I was a fan before, I am a MEGA HUGE SUPER BIG HUMONGOUS fan now. And I swear I will go for his 2nd, 3rd...nth concert in Singapore. Now for some pics of Alex, Jiamin and I :)

Love this pic! 

After the concert, Alex and I were standing at the shopping mall waiting for the crowd to subside and while doing that we met two familiar people! Firstly, I met my doctor! I always go to him when I am sick! (Ps. I think he's hot) I called out to him and was glad he recognised me! Turns out he had also gone to Adam's concert! So hot doc and I have similar taste in music! YAY! Next we met Kaili from sec school! Was nice to chit chat with her for a while :)

I don't think I can describe the concert anymore in words. SO I shall leave you guys with some hot pics of Adam Lambert to drool over. (I know he is gay.)





How intense is this? 
There are many more but I will grow old if I put them all up! Better go now! Thanks for reading! :) 

Ps. Best night of my life so far!

2 comments:

Aisu Marble said...

Awesome night & great work with 3.6km.
Trained up stamina, mayb can sing better :)

Unknown said...

Haha! Yea, it did improve my stamina and I CAN sing better now :)