Friday, January 11, 2013

1st week of school + Open House

Okay, time to blog about how the first week of school went. I thought I'd die on the first day of school 'cause I hadn't completed my long list of homework but turned out the teacher's were quite understanding about it. During chemistry tutorial on the first day, we met our new tutor, Miss Xu, and she's actually quite good at explaining concepts. :) I like her!

We also met our new GP teacher on the first day. She's called Mdm Pathrose and she came from Pioneer JC. Nice name eh? She is good I guess, but a bit stern. I can see that the class already misses Mr Shermann.

On Monday, I also met up with my co-host for the Open House for the first time, Keith. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to talk to him but he turned out to be a really friendly guy. :) Plus, he watches X Factor too and is a Cece fan so bonus points for that :DD

PE on Thursday nearly killed me. Ran three rounds around the track after not running for nearly 1 month. Physics lesson on Thursday was good too because I finally feel like I am beginning to understand the concepts! So overall, the first week of school was good.

Open House: 

I went to school at 8.15am to meet up with Miss June Chng and Keith at the General Office and for the first time I went into the office store, where Keith and I took turns to make announcements over the PA system.

At 11am we went to the canteen to host the cultural performances by our JJ symphonic band, guitar ensemble, Chinese Orchestra, Indian, Malay and Modern dance. Personally I think the dances were really impressive. I could watch their performances again and again and not get bored. 

Shout out to Fuxuan for doing a great job with Modern Dance! Here's a photo of me and her: 
Love her outfit! 
Also, I really look up to Shamira for doing such a great job with the Indian dancers despite the fact that her body was aching like crazy after PE. My body was aching too and I can imagine the amount of strain her muscles were feeling. You go girl! :)

Saw many Fuhua juniors there, which totally made my day. Vanessa said that she went to the Open House just to see me. Awwww! 

I enjoyed my first emceeing "job". Hope to get more opportunities next time as well :D Thanks Miss June for choosing me! I have really learnt a lot from this experience! ^^ 

Also, please check out this song by Trick. They're a Singaporean duo but they sound as good as any American singer! Giving us Singaporeans something to be proud of! :) 

That's all for now! Toodles :)

No comments: