Saturday, January 18, 2014

Work

Time to divulge more about my job. I am working at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) as an administrative assistant. My office, the Graduates Studies Office (GSO) is on top of a hill. So I have to climb up a slope from the bus stop where I get down. By the time I reach the office, I am already sweating. LOL.

First week of work was lonely alone but luckily my colleagues were super nice. The person who hired me, Mui Gek, is SUPER nice. I had lunch with her and another temp. staff in the first week and I could actually chat with Mui Gek like as if she's my friend. :) She has a really cute laugh. 

Before I started working on 6 Jan, my agent had called me and asked if any of my friends were interested as there was one more position. I immediately started asking around and my Orientation Group mate, Meiyi, was both available and interested. So we signed her up. Then during the first week of work, my agent called me again and said there is one more position. So this time I signed Jessica up. 

Another one of the perm. staff, Doreen, had told me that Jess would be in the same section as another guy she had just hired. So I was like "Oooh, who is this mysterious new guy?" And on Sunday night, my friend Neeran messaged me and said that the new guy is her friend, Siddarth, whom I coincidentally kind of know since he is from the same college as me and is friends with my friend Shamira. What a small world!

So on 13 Jan, I met up with Meiyi, Jess and Sid at Jurong Point and took them to work with me and I no longer felt lonely any more. :D We eat lunch together, go to work together and usually go home together. I like our camaraderie! We also met a nice guy at work from Hwa Chong, who has finished his National Service and is waiting to start studying at NTU. He's called Tze Hao. 

Meiyi and I are both in the Exam committee and have to keep doing different things throughout the day and get really tired sometimes while Jess and Sid are in another comm. and do the same thing the whole day, which can make them really bored and their butts sore from sitting down for too long. So there are pros and cons.

Meiyi and I keep laughing during work!! Hope we continue to be able to entertain each other this way. :D

That's all for now. Bye! :)

No comments: