Friday, September 19, 2014

Can I have a cup of "I love my friends"?

So what have I been up to? Watched the Maze Runner with Mag and Sora. It was one of the better movies that came out recently. Always love a good sci-fi adventure movie. Plus cute actors are a bonus. Everyone's fangirling over Dylan. HAHA. WHY YOU SO CUTE DYLAN? Can't wait for the next movie now. Also watched Blended and Jodi Breakers at home. Blended is so freaking hilarious!! I kept laughing at almost every scene, it's such a feel good movie. Loved it.
Sora on the left and Mag on the right :)
Also met up with Judy after ages. It was so nice catching up over frozen yogurt. It was my first time trying IIao IIao (apparently pronounced Lao Lao) and I quite liked it. :) I tried to go as healthy as possible with my toppings, choosing Dark Chocolate over White Chocolate. Can't wait to meet Judy again. :)

Judy and I, me unglam face


Also, met up with Reetz, who is going off to study in Oxford in Oct. Gonna miss her man. Thanks for being such a great listening ear always friend. And you have always been my health motivation, continue to be healthy. We'll be #Teamfitness together, focusing on the fitness rather than just the looks. Let's keep a look out for each other so that we may never forget the real reason why we watch what we eat - for health. Like the song "All About That Bass" said, boys like a little more booty to hold at night. Hehe. 


And I have been reading Life Without Limits, written by Nick Vujicic. I'm sure you all know him right? Nick never fails to inspire. Just seeing the cover of the book is enough to inspire me. A guy born without any limbs, but yet he is smiling cheerfully in all his book covers. Hey, if we got functioning arms and legs, shouldn't we be smiling as well? Something to feel blessed for right? In other news, I got new glasses. One of those black nerdy frames to declare to the world that I am a bookworm. HAHA.The question here is, can I pull it off? Of course I can, I can pull anything off. (Where did this shameless Jaslin come from?)

Featuring my rainbow tie-dye shirt
My eyesight got worse though. It's 650/550 now. Calvin Klein glasses though, thanks mom for splurging on me. Love love. I'll try not to drop these glasses as often as I dropped my previous ones. Coincidentally when I was reading Life Without Limits in the washroom this morning (too much information?), I came across a story of a woman, an award-winning photographer who is legally blind.

"Laid off from her job of twenty years, and all but blinded by failed surgery and a hemorrhaged retina, Glennis could not be blamed for despairing and giving up. You might expect her to grow bitter and angry. Instead, she was grateful to soar higher and farther." How inspiring is this? So I shall be grateful for my eyes, no matter how bad my eyesight is, I can see. I can dance, I can sing. I am alive.
I actually have a classmate in MDIS who has really poor eyesight and he told us that he may even turn blind one day. I heart broke when I heard that. I'm not really close to him but I always say "Hi" and "Bye" with a smile before/after class. He seems socially awkward and reserved but a group of my classmates actually included him in their group, made him a part of them and that's really commendable. Usually people don't bother interacting with the quiet ones. So kudos to them for being so nice, really. :') 

As I turn 20, I only have these wishes: To really grow in maturity, wisdom, to understand and empathise with people more, be a better daughter and friend.  Oh and Shah Rukh Khan. Another one of my wishes. HAHAHA. 

I want to learn to be selfless
And wait let me panic for a while. I AM GOING TO BE AN ADULT. NOOOOOOOO. Who else is freaking out about becoming an adult? Adult by age, child by nature. Yep, that's me. Next few weeks are going to be hectic. One presentation, one assignment to be submitted, followed by four exams. Wish me luck. That's all for now, need to prepare to go out. :)

P.s. Also met up with Wan Ling and Zhiqi, it was lovely girls. :)
P.p.s. This post was written in a rush and so I apologize for my grammatical and spelling errors. Peace.

***
"I can take a lil bit of pain for you"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am also not ready to grow up and take up more responsibilities D:

Anyway, I'm happy to hear about your healthy lifestyle! Hope I can find motivation to be healthier soon.. I am so unmotivated to do anything lately.. This depressed spell sucks!

Hope to see you again soon! We can go eat vegetarian / healthy food..
Or we can go for a run together #healthylifestyle

Unknown said...

Yes, lets meet up again soon. After my exams? After mid october? :) hugsssss

Unknown said...

Okay can, hopefully not so long though :(