Thursday, February 14, 2013

Reason for my 3 days absence from school

Last Friday, my arm had started to hurt. It's probably the kind of muscle pain you get if you pick up something too heavy or you sleep on one hand for the whole night. But it was uncomfortable and I wanted it to go away asap. The weekend went great, I did a lot of homework and was even looking forward to school resuming. Alas, on Monday night, after I came back home from studying with Keith, I think i was stretching my left arm around to get rid of the tension and accidentally pulled a muscle or something. Immediately it swelled. And I started to panic. I even cried a little. LOL. I went to put some ice on the swollen area but it just hurt more.

Next, I asked Wendy and Shamira for advice on whether I should use this Ketotop plaster. It's similar to salonpas but this can be used for swelling too. So after getting the thumbs up from Wendy and Shamira, I put it on. Only at one place at first.
I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep at night for sure because every time I lie down facing the ceiling it hurts my arm. When I tried to sleep sideways on my right arm, i could still feel the pressure on my left arm. So I decided that I can't sleep the whole night and I went to watch movies on my computer to entertain myself. I also took some Panadol extra to help to reduce the pain. After some time I really began to feel very sleepy. So I went to my bed and sat down and tried to sleep sitting down. Pathetic eh? But after a while I dozed off and fell from my sitting position, curled up with my blanket and bolster pillow. 

The next morning when I woke up I was contemplating about whether I should go to the doctor or not. But I decided to try and heal myself. So I took up Wendy's suggestion and asked my dad to buy me Counterpain. My mom massaged it gently onto my aching parts. So I repeated this on Wednesday as well. But finally when Thursday came around and I wasn't fully healed yet, I decided to go see a doctor and get some medicine. I went to a private clinic. Pristine medical clinic.  I always go to that one. The doctor feels like a friend so I feel less scared xD Haha! His way of checking what happened scared the shit out of me. (he moved my arm around)

So yea, the doctor gave me an mc for today as well so I am going to stay at home and get well first. Damn it next week there is a physics test and I have to study for it. By the way, this post was typed with both my hands. In other words, my left arm is recovering. WOOHOO. If I had tried to type with my left arm two days ago I'd be swearing under my breath. Ok, my arm is beginning to hurt again :( Better go off. Toodles~

No comments: