Tuesday, April 2, 2013

No longer feeling safe in my own home

Something horrible has been happening to my family lately. I am being harassed by loansharks. :(
Here's the deal.

The previous owner of my house borrowed a sum of money from the loansharks but hasn't paid up . The owner gave them this house's address. When we were buying the house we had no idea! Recently we started receiving letters in our mailbox addressed to the ex owner. I shall just call him Mr S. The letters had hell notes in them and stuff, and O$P$ written on them. Previously the loansharks had vandalized a wall in my block, writing our unit number there and O$P$ again.

Just last Wednesday it was the final straw. They sent a letter saying that if Mr S. didn't return the money immediately, they would splash our door with paint and even lock it. They also gave us their contact number. So what I did was call them up and explain to them that Mr S. no longer lives here and that they should leave us alone because we are not going to pay for Mr S. DUH.

Turns out that these loansharks are heartless, they basically said that they don't care that we are the new owners. Either Mr S. pays, or we pay. I was so angry at them that  it took all my energy not to shout vulgarities into the phone.

I think this may have happened to other families too. The mistake they make is to pay them even though they weren't the ones who borrowed the money. By "feeding" these sharks, we are only empowering them, making them feel stronger than the law. So my family is not going to do that.

That being said, I can't deny the fact that I feel unsafe at home these days. Oh well, God will protect us.

DOWN WITH THESE IDIOTS. GET A BETTER JOB PLEASE. GRRRR.

No comments: