Sunday, April 21, 2013

Angels & Analysis

Got back the last common test paper, literature, on Friday  It is the only paper I did relatively well in. However, while going through the paper, I realized that my tutor accidentally didn't mark a page of my lit essay!! :O I quickly pointed it out to him. He apologized and assured me that he would take a look at that page. Hope I can get a few more marks, which is all it's going to take to push me up to a B! *fingers crossed*

Anyways, I went to the Jurong East library yesterday and was horrified when my phone ran out of battery only an hour after my arrival. I was panicking as I still had to contact Fuxuan and Keith! I was sharing a table with two strangers, they were a couple. When the girl overheard me telling Ru that my phone was out of battery, she actually let me use her portable charger. OMG, I mean who does that? :O SO KIND PEOPLE LIKE THAT ACTUALLY EXIST!

A while later, the librarians made an announcement over the PA system that there would be a talk at the first floor regarding Technical Analysis. Ru indicated to me her interest in going for the talk and so I decided to be a good friend and accompany her. Can you believe it, the girl actually let me bring the portable charger down with me? I swear I could see a halo above her head. 

I kind of peeked at what she was studying and realised that she was from NUS. My future (hopefully) senior! :D  *prays*

I was expecting the talk to be really boring and put me right to sleep. BUT it was actually intersting. I learned how to read the stocks charts. You know, the kind they show every morning on BBC/CNN/Channel 5 news. Learned about the difference between fundamental and technical analysis and about candlestick charting. Took down some notes, if anyone is even remotely interested, do come and ask me about it, I can show you what I wrote down. After the talk, I realised that Economics isn't as blah as I always imagined it to be!

Ok, so that's all for now! Signing out,
Jas~

No comments: