Sunday, December 2, 2012

PSYched at Marina Bay Sands

Chin and I reached MBS 2 hours before the gates would be opened to let the audience in. I wasn't surprised to see that the queue had already started. So Chin and I queued up and talked crap to spend the next two hours. Before we knew it, it was already 6pm and the bag checks had already started. After that we had to wait for two more hours for PSY to appear. By then my legs were aching like crazy from all the standing ><

But thanks to our early queuing we got relatively good standing postions!! I just envy the MBS members who got the VIP standing positions cus they were the closest to the stage. The show started with hosts Jean Danker and Dominique Lau. They introduced O School, a dance centre, and their crew performed Gangnam Style. After that one of the dancers taught the audience how to do the dance steps for the chours step-by-step.

However, it was really difficult for most of us to try it out because it was so squeezy that we could hardly move. xD And after that PSY came up on stage, the audience welcoming him with loud cheers and applause! The audience included toddlers sitting on their parents' shoulders, kids, teens, young adults, adults, and even the elderly! HAHA.

The first song PSY sang was Champion and it was my first time hearing it. It's really Catchy!! All of us were jumping up and down with our light-sticks. Mine was yellow. After that he sang Right Now. This was UH-mazing too!! Super duper catchy and club-worthy. Lastly he sang Gangnam Style. Let's just say doing the dance with him right in front of me, is way different from doing it while watching him doing it on TV. I was just watching him at the MAMA awards last night, where he won song of the year!

                                                                         Chin and I

It was an amazing night and I am so glad that I was a part of his first concert in Singapore. <3 i="i"> 

No comments: