Saturday, September 8, 2012

Don't question my friendship please :(

You're going away and I'm really upset
Add that to the fact that I can't send you off
This situation stinks more than a rat
But that doesn't give anyone the right to scoff
and challenge my dedication to you as a friend

If I had a choice, I'd be there at the airport tonight
Waving you goodbye, maybe hugging you tight?
Trying to catch a glimpse of your back, until you're out of sight
And praying that you have a safe flight
What I wouldn't do to be there, it would be such a delight
Beats sitting at home and waving at airplanes as they fly past my home all night

Alas, I hope you're not disappointed in me
'cause that would be a heavy burden to bear
I'll prove to you someday, somehow
That I really do care
And that my friend, is a vow

No comments: