Friday, September 14, 2012

Retain

You see the title of my post up there? That word hangs over my head. I can feel it's weight. All my life, I've never once worried about having to retain. And now, the possibility seems rather high. BUT I don't want to leave the friends I made in J1 behind, I don't want to disappoint my teachers, I don't want to be left behind. I don't want to waste time. One more year...this is no joke is it??

:( 10 more days left to promos and I'm not even halfway done through my revision. So much to do, and yet I just keep feeling tired. And as a result, I end up slacking or procrastinating. The timebomb is ticking, I know it, but I am not doing much to help myself. I tell myself not to give up, and yet find myself giving up time and again.

All my blogposts from now till the Promos will be about...promos. I will come here to de-stress, talk things out, and encourage myself. Jaslin, you can do it. You have done it before. You don't lose until YOU admit defeat. And didn't Mr Tan just say something along the line of you being able to get a B for Physics? How about you cooperate with him and make his words come true eh?

Maths and Physics were your best subjects in secondary school. Why are you letting your fear take away your prowess in these subjects? You're so afraid of failing that you forgot how much you used to actually like these subjects.

As for Chemistry, do you really want to let Ms Aisha down? She's leaving next year. At least give her the satisfaction of knowing that all of us in 12S20 has done well relatively well in chem for the end of year exams.

10 days Jaslin. 240 hours. Tell yourself that THAT amount of time is ENOUGH. It's SUFFICIENT. Time will be on your side, if you're gonna use it wisely.

Shall go study for my mother tongue prelims which is tomorrow. Wish me luck :)

No comments: