Sunday, August 19, 2012

Where I want to belong~

So I sat down to do my science homework with my laptop turned on beside me, and I ended up writing a poem instead. Shows where my priorities lie. :X

I just need that one chance
that one opportunity, that one glance
Into the world where I want to belong
Where I can dance, and sing my song

Where I can write, let the words flow
words that fill me up with a soft, warm glow
Where people appreciate my art
Where you don't have to be good at science to be smart

Where emotions mean more than money
Where smiles, taste sweeter than honey
Where my mom doesn't nag at me to do my homework
Where chemistry doesn't make me go berserk

Transport me to a place, where it's just milk and nuts
And pastures of green for me to roll on;
Somewhere I have confidence, and guts
To take on the world, with my brains and brawn

Somewhere where my imagination can take flight,
Where creativity has the right
To overpower the routine and mundane system
Where creativity is life's very own rhythm

Where people don't put up their defenses;
Where people stop their pretenses;
Where I have a magic mirror
That praises the beauty of my heart, not face;
Where life is not a competition, not a race

Where hugs are preferred over handshakes
Where the air doesn't smell of smoke,
But freshly baked cakes;
Somewhere where I am not broke,
Where I can afford the simple joys of life
Like laughing at a friend's joke

Where deadlines don't make my life miserable
Where my days are less suffocating
Where project work is optional;
Where love is unconditional,
and exclusion is less humiliating

Somewhere I can be independent
Somewhere where I don't feel redundant
Somewhere where I can feel my importance
Somewhere where I don't feel like a disturbance

A place where life is not rigid
A place where I won't be reprimanded if I fidget
Where I don't have to be ashamed for getting a single digit,
on a test.
A place, where I don't have to be the best

No comments: