Monday, October 29, 2012

Sicko

SO recently my General Paper teacher Mr Shermann had shown us a documentary film called Sicko. It was his last lesson with us for the year and in my opinion, he couldn't have chosen a better film to leave us with. I know the title sounds perverted but it's the SICK they are focusing on. Guess the title was cleverly used to get attention;

Ok so what the documentary focused on is the difference between the Healthcare systems in the US of A and the healthcare systems in the Britain, France, Italy and even Cuba. This might seem boring but it really struck a chord with me. I love the UK's NHS system and no, the quality of healthcare isn't as bad as they make it out to be. Maybe instead of shifting to America in the future I will shift to the UK. We'll see how it goes. 

No comments: