Sunday, November 4, 2012

Choices and regrets

Ok, so I am beginning to regret not doing well enough for the O Level exams to get into Ngee Ann Poly's mass communication course. I am regretting not choosing to go to Singapore Poly's Mass communication or Creative Writing for Television and New Media. THAT is me. Not the girl who is pretending to be interested in Physics, Chemistry and Math. Lies. A facade. 

I honestly considered asking my mom should I go to poly next year. I know it's a waste of time but I am worried that I may not get the jobs I want in the future if I don't have a diploma in it. I mean what good is a degree in Physics, Chemistry and Maths going to do in the media industry? Yes, I can take Mass Communication in University but I know that Poly covers more ground while at University they are concentrating more on Journalism and Public Relations. D: 

However, I have decided to trust God, or fate (if there is such a thing). I will study in JC and take Mass Comm. in Uni and pray that I still get the jobs I want. People may wonder why am I worrying abt it so fast, when I am still in year 1 of JC. Well, I like to think ahead. Because if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. If I don't succeed in the Singapore media industry I am going to New York, I swear. 

Speaking of New York, my aunt from New York called and said that although she has been affected by Hurricane Sandy, she and her family is safe. :) Thank goodness. phew~

OMG, the new Bollywood movie Shirin Aur Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi is being shown on TV for the first time! Yay! Watching it now! :)

Anyways, my class is doing our class CIP this November. We're organizing fun profession related activities for kids from Primary 4 to 6. Since I was in drama last time, I am in charge of the Actor profession along with Steph, Jasmine and Vanessa. So we have to come up with a script so that the kids can act according to it. Jasmine decided to take a scene out from Avengers, and I decided to take a scene out of Harry Potter. I picked a scene from the Goblet of Fire. I hope the kids like it :D 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a firm believer of fate!!
Don't think so much anymore. Since we can't go back in time, walk on :) You know right, previously I regretted so badly. I've thought through alrd :) Now I'm going to move on strongly and put in my best :DD

Unknown said...

Okay :) thanks babe!