Saturday, November 10, 2012

1st and 2nd day at work

First day at work: 

Met Rennes outside JJC and we headed to Jurong East to take a train to Expo. My head was aching but I thought that it would be gone in a few hours time. Wendy thought that Rennes and I would be late but we arrived pretty much on time, thankfully. Upon arrival, I realised that I was overdressed. 

Our boss Pat, asked us to have our lunch first before starting work. The good thing about this job is that the meals are all provided and the food is quite good. Like, they had rice with egg, chicken, vegetables etc for lunch and for dinner they had 3 different types of noodles! Rennes and I were both posted to the hat department so we started work by taking hats out of their packaging and hanging them on the racks. There were a lot of them!! We finished just nice at 10.30pm. And my head continued throbbing all the way. It was exhausting. 

Originally my mom had asked me not to go for the job, and I was beginning to regret not listening to her. 

2nd day at work: 

On the second day, Wendy, Meiyi, Lapat and Sapol joined us for work. However, they shifted me to the scarves department. Standing for 12 hours straight is no joke. The soles of my feet were aching so bad I almost died. Every 3 hours I would take a toilet break just so that I could sit down and rest my feet. -.-

I was starting to get grumpy too. I have never folded so many clothes in my 18 years of life before.  When I worked at Sheng Siong and after working here, I realised the importance of studying. Because if I don't do well for my A Levels, I'm going to have to do such jobs and I swear I will hate my life. 

I guess the experience itself would have been cooler if so much physical pain wasn't involved. I'm not the only one who complained of aching bodies, I think everyone was. The best part was when I met really nice people like Angel, Javier and Stephanie from the scarf department. Angel and Javier are classmates and they are currently in the midst of their O levels. It would be so cool if they actually come to Jurong JC next time :D Steph is currently in ITE. 

The scarf department got scolded at the end of the night for slacking and talking too much. I have a point to make: Yes, we should get scolded for slacking. But as for the talking, if we kept silent our throbbing legs would make us feel horrible. By chit chatting we were able to distract ourselves from the misery. And anyways when you make new friends you are bound to chat a bit. 

I arrived at JP with Meiyi at 12.30. There were no more buses I could take home. I would have had to take a taxi if Meiyi's uncle didn't drive me home. So thankful to Meiyi and her uncle, aunt and dad for sending me all the way to the bus stop nearest to my house. 

Another lesson learned: When I grow up, I must buy a car as soon as possible. 

3rd day at work: 

Today's the third day and I didn't go. I was too tired, and my feet were aching like *insert vulgarity* So I went to the doctor's to get an MC. I'm going to work tomorrow. And tomorrow I am going to be more optimistic because it's the last day. I am going to entertain every single customer that comes my way. I am not going to slack or chit chat with my new friends. I am not going to grumble even if I have to fold the scarves a thousand times. I will be initiative. Oh, and at the end of the day I must get Angel, Javier and Steph's Facebooks. I can't afford to lose touch with such nice people. 

Ps. My doctor had bulging muscles...how distracting. :/

No comments: